Who They Are
Enable the Label, as the name suggests, was founded with the objective of enabling upcoming fashion labels from Europe’s largest fashion cities to be able to sell their products easily online.
When looking for a solution, the founders of Enable the Label had a number of requirements to fulfill with the chosen solution:
- A fully customizable shopping experience with no template or site structure dependencies.
- No dependencies on frontend technologies.
- No channel or device restrictions so they are able to expand their use cases in future.
- A platform that is solid and reliable.
- Ability to integrate multiple services in the architecture without interference or dependencies between the services.
- Good scalability for the future.
"The headless approach Elastic Path Commerce Cloud provides unmatched flexibility and is very easy to scale and integrate with other services. That’s what makes Elastic Path Commerce Cloud a great building block for any eCommerce project in my opinion."
-Matt Hamers, Web Developer at Enable the Label
Matt Hamers, Web Developer of Enable the Label was actually new to web development at the start of the project. Enable the Label was his partner’s idea and he wanted to put his newly-found coding skills to the test by building the online platform for the business. From the beginning, Matt knew he wanted a headless commerce backend system which made the search for a solution easier as there are very few headless systems that offer a wide selection of commerce features. Upon finding Elastic Path Commerce Cloud, Matt knew this was the right choice for him and his beginner-level development skills for the following reasons:
- The solution provided great documentation, even for beginner developers
- A lot of out of the box implementations were easy to set-up. For example, Enable the Label uses the Elastic Path Commerce Cloud + Postmark integration for emails and is looking to add Algolia in the future for search functionality.
Matt also appreciated the “best of breed” mindset of Elastic Path Commerce Cloud, as it gave him the flexibility and recommendations to use best-in-class solutions for different parts of his commerce technology stack and integrate them seamlessly via the Elastic Path Commerce Cloud APIs while still being able to use each service independently.
With Elastic Path Commerce Cloud, Enable the Label built a headless eCommerce web application built with ReactJS, NextJS, and NodeJS that was fully powered by the Elastic Path Commerce Cloud eCommerce APIs.
- Fast development timeline - Although Matt only had six months experience of coding, it took him, single-handedly, only 10 weeks to build their application!
- Reviews - Although still a brand new site and experience, they have received lots of feedback from the labels themselves, their first customers, colleague developers, press and influencers who were very positive about the full product experience that Enable the Label has managed to create with Elastic Path Commerce Cloud.
- Expandable and scalable - They have further projects on their roadmap that Elastic Path Commerce Cloud allows them to fulfil including a progressive web application dashboard where labels can view their orders, manage stock levels, generate packing notes and see statistics about the engagement of their label.