Digital Commerce: Essential to the Success of the Entertainment Industry
Elastic Path speaks on why traditional retail models are obsolete at paidContent Entertainment show
Vancouver, BC, Canada, October 27, 2011 -- Elastic Path Software, the leader in digital commerce technology and expertise, will be presenting new business models that reveal how to monetize content at paidContent Entertainment.
paidContent Entertainment is a conference focused on the latest challenges that the entertainment and digital media industries face. The event explores the implications of having instant access to entertainment and its effect on business.
Elastic Path will join other industry leaders at the conference to share insight and engage in conversations about the future of the entertainment and digital media industries. Speakers at the conference include:
- Michael Lang, CEO, Miramax
- Jim Lanzone, president, CBS Interactive
- Dan Pelson, EVP, global direct to consumer operations, Sony Music Entertainment
- Mario Queiroz, VP, product management, Google
- Scott Schiller, EVP, digital media sales for E&DN/IM, NBCUniversal
- Christy Tanner, GM & EVP, TV Guide Digital
- Bryan Perez, president, digital, ticketing, media, AEG
- Dawn Ostroff, president, Condé Nast Entertainment
- Dick Glover, president & CEO, Funny or Die
- David Maisel, special advisor to Rovio
- Jim Louderback, CEO, Revision3
- Dave Morgan, CEO, Simulmedia
“At Elastic Path, we have helped the world’s most successful enterprises such as Time Inc, Google, Virgin Media, and Lulu monetize their content,” says Matt Dion, vice president of marketing for Elastic Path. “We have learned that digital products require a different selling model and technology—digital commerce. Unlike traditional ecommerce, digital commerce better addresses issues such as entitlements, digital relationships, and subscriptions.”
Dion will be addressing the 200 attendees in the opening session of the conference to discuss topics that include the difference between ecommerce and digital commerce, managing ongoing digital relationships with customers, and why APIs are critical to thriving in the digital age.
paidContent Entertainment will be held on November 3, 2011 in West Hollywood, CA. For more information, please visit: https://www.elasticpath.com/ecommerce-news.
About Elastic Path Software
Elastic Path is the leader in digital commerce technology and expertise for enterprises selling digital goods and services. Major global brands such as Google, Time Inc, and Virgin Media rely on Elastic Path to monetize digital relationships with their customers in ways that are frictionless, social, and everywhere. Web: https://www.elasticpath.com. Blog: www.getelastic.com. Twitter: www.twitter.com/elasticpath