Ecommerce Links: January 2013
As is our monthly practice, here's our list of top-notch digital and ecommerce links from around the Web. You may have noticed there was no December digest, so enjoy two months' worth of juicy links.
- Are there downsides to responsive design? Econsultancy covers seven.
- But here's a definite upside - the SEO benefits of responsive design.
- A patent troll that sued nearly 50 top online retailers (and won a few judgments) for infringement by using...a shopping cart on their websites has been effectively tipped over after Newegg appealed its case. Ars Technica says the case saved online retail.
- Baymard Institute research answers the $5000/year question: which trust seal is most trusted by online shoppers?
- Just because Pinterest does it doesn't mean you should on your product pages. Brush up on the pros and cons of infinite scrolling.
- Must read: How to Avoid Duplicate Content Issues in Ecommerce (See what I just did there?)
- Do you sell a digital product like software or mobile app? Find out why more features doesn't mean more success.
- It's hard enough to get your app discovered in the haystack that is the App Store, now iOS 6's new App Store format makes getting noticed even harder. If you're feeling the crunch, check out A Marketers Guide to Selling Your Mobile App (Without Apple).
- Are you testing the right things? Check out How to Run A/B Tests That Give Your Business Big Wins