Ecommerce Links: August 2013
Get Elastic is on summer holiday until Labor Day, so in the meantime, enjoy these choice cuts from the month of August from around the Web.
- Bryan Eisenberg explains persona creation for complex sales.
- The blog formerly known as SEOmoz is now Moz, because it's so much more than a search blog. For example: 5 lessons learned from 100,000 usability studies.
- Big news this month was Facebook's News Feed algorithm update. Here are 6 things ecommerce marketers need to know.
- How about 10 tips to improve your affiliate conversion rates, from Geno Prussakov. (Check out his newest book, a beginner's guide to affiliate marketing!)
- 4 tips to boost confidence in analytics reporting, courtesy of MarketingExperiments.
- Avinash Kaushik shares insight on multi-channel attribution modeling: the good, the bad and the ugly.
- Graham Charlton rounds up 31 things you must have on your product page.
- The Adobe Blog serves up When heuristics go bad: dealing with common optimization practices.
- Forrester proclaims that predictive apps -- those that use big data and predictive analytics to deliver the right content and experience to the individual -- is the next big thing.
- I have a feeling predictive apps are going to be the key to Google Glass. But what is Glass like now to experience? Econsultancy tells all.
- Are you sure you need that website makeover? Crazy Egg gives you 7 reasons a redesign might be a bad idea.