What Information We Collect
Personally Identifiable Information: This is information that may be used to identify you as an individual, such as your e-mail address, name, home or work address, or telephone number. We may collect this information in a number of ways, including, but not limited to, on-line forms, the customer support portal, the Dev Community site or if you provide your resume to us through the careers section of the website.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information: This is information that does not by itself identify a specific individual. We may collect this information in a number of ways, including, but not limited to, how you use this website, such as resources browsed, searched and downloaded, the frequency and duration of visits, and your source IP address.
Cookies: A cookie is a data file that certain websites write to your computer's hard drive when you visit such sites. A cookie file can contain information, such as a user identification code, that the website uses to track the pages you have visited, but the only personal information a cookie can contain is information you supply yourself. A cookie can't read data off your hard disk or read cookie files created by other websites. We may collect information from your web sessions by using cookies, to determine, for example, user traffic patterns, and the effectiveness of our navigational structure.
Most website browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually change your browser settings to display a warning before accepting a cookie, or to refuse all cookies. You do not need to have cookies turned on to use/navigate through many parts of this website; however, you may have to accept the receipt of cookies to access some of the resources on this website.
How We Use Your Information
Elastic Path uses the information it collects from you for the following reasons:
- to provide products and services to you;
- to provide information on our products and services that may be of interest to you;
- to send you, or have our business partners send you, sales and marketing information;
- to verify your identity for the purpose of obtaining access to our products, services and resources (for instance, the customer support portal and the Dev Community site);
- to contact you, when necessary, regarding issues concerning your use of our products and services;
- to obtain information about your use of our products and services, potentially through a survey to better understand your needs, as input to future product development plans;
- to gather general aggregate information based on IP addresses to track information about website usage (such as, the number of visitors, frequently viewed pages, number of downloads, etc.);
- to make it easier for you to use our website; to obtain information about your qualifications and skills if you submit your resume to us for the purposes of applying for a position with Elastic Path; and
- the information may be legally required.
Sharing Your Information
We will not sell or otherwise disclose information collected from you to other third parties, except in those limited cases where we are legally required to do so. We do not disclose, sell, exchange or trade your personal information with commercial mailing lists.
Elastic Path has taken commercially reasonable steps to assure the security of any sensitive information that is transmitted to and from our website. We will cease all communication and use of your information upon your request. Your privileges for access to certain resources on this website may then be suspended.
Links To Other Sites
This website contains links to other website. Please be aware that Elastic Path is not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites. We encourage our users to be aware that when they leave this website to read the privacy policies of each and every website that collects personal information.