What is an eCommerce Marketplace?
Online Marketplaces and Enterprise Marketplaces are digital commerce platforms that showcase products from multiple vendors or sellers. The organization can sell its own products with the option of featuring third-party products.
According to a consumer survey by emarketer, about half of all searches start on marketplaces.
When done right, eCommerce Marketplaces, especially those who support a third party model, take user experience a notch above traditional digital commerce avenues. Not only are consumers able to save a trip to a physical store, but now they have a one stop shop to compare similar products without switching from site to site. This type of ease of use, convenience, and accessibility continues to attract shoppers presenting an opportunity for many brands to capitalize on.
eCommerce Marketplace Use Cases
- Capitalize on a larger market by adding your products and services to an existing marketplace
- Create customized pricing across direct channels and marketplaces
- Capture all orders using one solution
- Maximize your revenue by selling and managing both your and product third-party products and services
- Manage and collect surcharges for facilitating marketplace integrations among third party sellers
- Integrate your preferred marketplace vendor with Elastic Path Commerce Cloud to deliver differentiated experiences with ease
Schedule a eCommerce Marketplace Demo Today
Gartner states “By 2023, 30% of enterprise marketplaces will transition into a majority third-party seller model for better profitability.”
Schedule a demo today to see how Elastic Path can fulfill all of your marketplace needs:
- eCommerce organizations that want to improve customer experience and/or operational efficiency
- eCommerce organizations that have been traditionally involved in linear selling relations with customers and want to scale the business
- eCommerce organizations that have difficulties creating new capabilities on the technical and operational sides
"Elastic Path At A Fortune 100"
We've used Elastic Path at a Fortune 100 company now for 4 years. It's been the core of our commerce strategy and we have been extremely satisfied with the performance, stability and feature set from EP. We've done billions of dollars of commerce through the system and the product and the team behind it have been a pleasure to have alongside our eCommerce journey.