Get Elastic - The Year In Review
Happy New Year and all the best for 2008 from all of us at enterprise ecommerce platform Elastic Path!
- Our resident globetrotter Jason Billingsley draws some interestingly hilarious similarities between airport usability and ecommerce usability, inlcuding: Airport: the check-in process takes way too many steps and Ecommerce: the check-out process takes way too many steps.
- Jason points out a Good Example of Bad Cross-Selling that you have to see to believe. It's probably the worst example of cross-selling and it's sure to make you chuckle.
- 107 Add To Cart Buttons of Top Online Retailers
baited over 100 links, attracted 80 comments and made the del.icio.us home page. Hoorah! And it still gets hundreds of hits a day. Check out the big wall of cart icons and see how many you can recognize at a glance (just kidding).
- My favorite of the Crazy Messed Up World of Ecommerce video series, "Zero Results Found" is funny 'cuz it's true. Our very own VP of Sales stars as the cashier.
- Some tips on recovering abandoned carts with follow up emails.
- This post was the most fun to write, and we got some really hilarious comments on the tongue-in-cheek usability evaluation of possibly the craziest ecommerce website on the Interweb.
- A roundup of over 110 ways online retailers are using social media - from Facebook to MySpace, YouTube, Twitter and viral microsites.
- Do you send welcome emails when customers create an account with you? Here are some tips for welcome emails based on the behavior of 100 of the top online retailers. Yes I signed up for each one of them personally, and yes it was a really, really long day.
Okay, we'll call this a 4-way tie, I also like these ones:
- Registration Form Usability Tips
- Top 10 Halloween Costumes of Online Retailers
- Larry and Sergey's Halloween Costume - Ghoulgle
- Holiday Shipping Cutoff Dates Make Good Ecommerce Usability shows some examples of online retailers' home pages and shipping deadline visibility.
- Gee, this wasn't that long ago but I think it's an important topic for all online retailers, and a great opportunity for competitive advantage as sculpting Page Rank is an under-used technique that can drive tons of long-tail traffic.
Image Credit: Target.com