Classification:Reference / Guides
Elastic Path Commerce
Amazon Lex Chatbot
Amazon Lex is a service for building conversational interfaces into any application using voice and text. Amazon Lex provides the advanced deep learning functionalities of automatic speech recognition (ASR) for converting speech to text, and natural language understanding (NLU) to recognize the intent of the text, to enable you to build applications with highly engaging user experiences and lifelike conversational interactions. With Amazon Lex, the same deep learning technologies that power Amazon Alexa are now available to any developer, enabling you to quickly and easily build sophisticated, natural language, conversational bots (“chatbots”).
Speech recognition and natural language understanding are some of the most challenging problems to solve in computer science, requiring sophisticated deep learning algorithms to be trained on massive amounts of data and infrastructure. Amazon Lex democratizes these deep learning technologies by putting the power of Amazon Alexa within reach of all developers. Harnessing these technologies, Amazon Lex enables you to define entirely new categories of products made possible through conversational interfaces.
- High quality speech recognition and natural language understanding
- Multi-turn conversations
- Utility Prompts
- Integration with AWS Lambda
- Connect to Enterprise Systems
- One-click Deployment to Multiple Platforms
- Powerful Lifecycle Management Capabilities
- Intent Chaining
- 8 kHz Telephony Audio Support
Learn more about our partnership with Amazon Web Services
- Easy to use
- Amazon Lex provides an easy-to-use console to guide you through the process of creating your own chatbot in minutes, building conversational interfaces into your applications. You supply just a few example phrases and Amazon Lex builds a complete natural language model through which your user can interact using voice and text, to ask questions, get answers, and complete sophisticated tasks.
- Seamlessly deploy and scale
- With Amazon Lex, you can build, test, and deploy your chatbots directly from the Amazon Lex console. Amazon Lex enables you to easily publish your voice or text chatbots to mobile devices, web apps, and chat services such as Facebook Messenger, Slack, and Twilio SMS. Once published, your Amazon Lex bot processes voice or text input in conversation with your end-users. Amazon Lex is a fully managed service so as your user engagement increases, you don’t need to worry about provisioning hardware and managing infrastructure to power your bot experience.
- Built in integration with AWS
- Amazon Lex provides built-in integration with AWS Lambda, AWS MobileHub and Amazon CloudWatch and you can easily integrate with many other services on the AWS platform including Amazon Cognito, and Amazon DynamoDB. You can take advantage of the power of the AWS platform for security, monitoring, user authentication, business logic, storage and mobile app development.
- Cost effective
- With Amazon Lex, there are no upfront costs or minimum fees. You are only charged for the text or speech requests that are made. Amazon Lex’ pay-as-you-go pricing and low cost per request make it a cost-effective way to build conversational interfaces anywhere. With the Amazon Lex free tier, you can easily try Amazon Lex without any initial investment.