Elastic Path Named a Major Player in IDC MarketScape for Worldwide Digital Commerce
Independent evaluation cites powerful integration technology, customer momentum, and partner ecosystem as contributors to positioning
Vancouver, B.C. (Aug. 25, 2014) – Elastic Path Software Inc., the digital commerce company, today announced that it has been named a major player in the IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Digital Commerce 2014 vendor assessment report.
IDC conducted a rigorous analysis of top vendors in the global digital commerce market, and positioned Elastic Path as a major player based on both its capabilities and strategy. In its evaluation, the independent analyst firm awarded Elastic Path the maximum possible score for both integration capabilities and future integration strategy, and praised its powerful API technology, customer momentum, and good technology partnerships.
The report notes that Elastic Path currently serves over 200 customers, "mostly Fortune 500 and Internet Retailer 500 companies, in brands and manufacturing, telecommunications, software, media and publishing, and consumer services."
"We’re proud to be recognized by IDC for our capabilities in this particular space," said Matt Dion, VP Marketing at Elastic Path. "Digital commerce as a practice is much bigger and more relevant to a wider range of industries and brands than the old paradigm of retail ecommerce. In its groundbreaking report, IDC has finally given this market a full and objective assessment of the capabilities that every business should look for as they move to drive or increase revenue from digital customer experiences."
- IDC cites that "digital commerce applications are now required technology for enterprises in all industries," not just retail, and that Elastic Path "sees the opportunity that every business is a digital business."
- Elastic Path was named a major player in worldwide digital commerce based on the competitive fitness of its capabilities and strategy.
- Elastic Path’s Cortex API technology, used to integrate digital commerce services into a broader enterprise software portfolio, is "powerful" and "especially compelling".
- Elastic Path has "good technology partnerships" with a broad range of complementary vendors including Adobe, MRM//McCann, Sapient, and Cognifide@Wunderman.
- Elastic Path’s "customer momentum is very good and revenues grew 100% in 2013 and is forecast to do the same in 2014".
Source: IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Digital Commerce 2014 Vendor Assessment (IDC document #249597, July 2014) – http://www.idc.com/getdoc.jsp?containerId=249597
About IDC MarketScape
IDC MarketScape vendor analysis model is designed to provide an overview of the competitive fitness of ICT (information and communications technology) suppliers in a given market. The research methodology utilizes a rigorous scoring methodology based on both qualitative and quantitative criteria that results in a single graphical illustration of each vendor's position within a given market. IDC MarketScape provides a clear framework in which the product and service offerings, capabilities and strategies, and current and future market success factors of IT and telecommunications vendors can be meaningfully compared. The framework also provides technology buyers with a 360-degree assessment of the strengths and weaknesses of current and prospective vendors.
About Elastic Path
Elastic Path empowers people to create value from innovative digital experiences. Our software seamlessly brings omnichannel ecommerce, subscriptions, and enhanced connectivity right into Adobe Experience Manager – enabling companies to deliver a complete customer experience that maximizes engagement and conversion. Every year, we generate billions of dollars in digital revenue for the world’s best brands, including Virgin Media, LVMH, Western Union, McGraw Hill Education, Kiabi, and Motability.