What Consumers Want from Personalization [Infographic]
Research by Adobe reminds us that consumers are concerned about their online privacy and don't care for being tracked online, with 85% agreeing with the statement "companies collect too much information on consumers."
But Monetate has compiled some stats that lean more to the bright side -- 75% of consumers don't mind retailers using personal information to improve the customer experience, and 94% of companies believe online personalization is critical to business performance. 85% of consumers understand that a certain degree of tracking enables businesses to offer more relevant advertising. In a world where online and even mobile advertising is unavoidable, relevant marketing is win-win.
- 85% of consumers know websites track them, but understand it enables them to personalize offers and content to their interests Tweet this
- 75% of consumers prefer retailers that use personal information to improve the shopping experience Tweet this
- 64% of consumers believe it’s more important that companies present them with relevant offers Tweet this
- 36% of consumers do not want their website activity tracked (that means 64% don’t mind) Tweet this
- 94% of companies agree online personalization is critical to business performance
- 2/3 companies agree website personalization improves customer experience and the success of their overall business Tweet this
- 64% of online businesses are or plan to deliver a more personalized mobile experience Tweet this