"Big data" promises to be the solution to getting a 360 degree view of your customer and make more intelligent personalization decisions. For many organizations, mastering web analytics is challenging enough, nevermind the ocean of data you need to boil to make sense of big data.
This week's infographic from Monetate covers the big data problem, the segmentation opportunity, and 3 keys for data and segmentation success.
- 94% of marketers agree online personalization is critical to their business
- 91% of marketers believe successful brands use customer driven data to drive marketing decisions Tweet this
- 95% of data within organizations remains untapped Tweet this
- 39% of marketers believe data is collected too infrequently or not real-time enough
- 39% of marketers believe they can’t turn their data into actionable insight Tweet this
- 26% of organizations don’t use real-time, on-site behavior to personalize the website experience Tweet this
- 53% of marketers want to add online customer data to customer profiles and be able to use it Tweet this
- 46% of marketers believe it’s important to identify actionable insights in large amounts of data Tweet this
- 40% of organizations don’t target any customer or visitor segments Tweet this
- 28% of marketers are unaware of which high value customers to focus their marketing on Tweet this
- Companies that invest in analytics experience 49% higher revenue growth vs. those that don’t Tweet this
- 35% of marketers say data has improved customer engagement through personalization Tweet this
- Companies that invest in analytics have 30% higher ROI than those that don’t Tweet this
- Online sales increase 19% for marketers who measure the impact of personalization on conversion % Tweet this