Will 2014 be the year of the mobile -- again?
It's definitely a year where you can no longer ignore optimizing your mobile experience. Invesp Consulting has compiled a number of stats to illustrate why, more than ever, the time is now for mobile optimization.
- Android devices account for 42% of mobile traffic Tweet this
- Mobile commerce now accounts for 23% of online sales Tweet this
- Only 35% of businesses have a mobile optimized site today Tweet this
- Companies with mobile sites are 3x more likely to have a mobile conversion rate >5% Tweet this
- 97% of mobile cart abandons are due to distraction from unnecessary elements and multiple checkout steps Tweet this
- 55% of purchase related conversions occur w/n 1 hr of initial mobile search Tweet this
- 43% of consumers are unlikely to return to a slow mobile site Tweet this
- Tablet visitors are nearly 3x more likely to convert than smartphone visitors Tweet this
- 52% of tablet users prefer shopping with their tablet vs. their PC Tweet this
- 72% of tablet owners shop with their tablets on a weekly basis Tweet this