Consumers Spent 247% More Time With Shopping Apps in 2012 [Infographic]
We know folks love their apps, but what about retail apps -- are they gaining traction?
Baynote's compiled data from Flurry and whipped up this week's Infographic, comparing shopping apps by popularity vs. other categories, and distribution of time spent on various types of shopping apps.
Click to enlarge infographic
- Consumers spent 132% more time using various apps in 2012 vs 2011 (Flurry) Tweet this
- Media and entertainment app use grew 268% in 2012 vs 2011 Tweet this
- Gaming app use grew 107% in 2012 vs 2011 Tweet this
- Travel app use grew 198% in 2012 vs 2011 Tweet this
- Shopping app use grew 247% in 2012 vs 2011 Tweet this
- Utilities app use grew 206% in 2012 vs 2011 Tweet this
- Productivity app use grew 237% in 2012 vs 2011 Tweet this
- Shopping apps had the 3rd biggest jump in usage last year, behind social and media/entertainment Tweet this
- Consumers spent 6x the time on retailer apps in 2012 vs 2011 Tweet this