Just a heads up, SMX East kicks off next Monday in New York City. Jason and I had originally planned to attend but due to traveling conflicts, neither of us will be there. But I know a handful of Get Elastic readers will, so if you'd like to make introductions here in this post's comments area, maybe you can arrange a meet-up with like-minded people. (Once again, congratulations to the winner of our SMX giveaway, Greg Power from Labelzone.co.uk)
Jason and I both attended SES (Search Engine Strategies) San Jose in August, and in addition to great sessions there was very fun networking and not-too-shabby sandwiches. I understand that SMX is a smaller show than SES, but that can be an advantage.
Since I've never sampled SMX, I reached out to my Twitter followers and posed the question (paraphrased) "have you been to SMX and what did you get out of it?" The following are the responses I got:
SMX Advanced was the most useful conference I have ever been to, both for content and networking
- Rick Galan, ConversationRate.com
Great conference very well organised and run. Great food. Good sessions but the most value is from the networking.
- Tom Critchlow (not to be confused with Will), Distilled
I made some great contacts, picked up loads of cutting edge tips & had a overall great time at the SMX events I have been to.
- Martin Bowling, MartinBowling.com
SMX adv. has great networking oppurtunites. The atmosphere and layout was condusive to connecting and chatting with other like minded folks.
- Brian Chappell, BrianChappell.com
Hey Linda - here is a write-up I did of a past SMX show
- Shawn Collins, Affiliate Tip
Word on the street is there will be:
* Hot lunches, breakfast and snacks all day
* Complimentary, all-day shuttle bus service to the Javits Convention Center
* More than 50 speaker presentations will be reproduced in the Conference Proceedings for you to take home
Here's all the SMX East info you need, and if you register this week, you get an extra $200 off.