How Marketers Use Actionable Data [Infographic]
Whomever said it first, many marketers may concur that half of their marketing efforts are wasted, they just don't know which half.
In 2013, we've never been so data rich, but why are we often so insight poor? This week's infographic from Monetate The Marketers Guide to Actionable Data examines what data marketers are collecting, where they struggle to use data effectively, the biggest obstacles to actionable data and tips for mastering it.
This is an infographic you'll like to enlarge to read properly
- 45% of companies don’t use data to personalize marketing communications Tweet this
- 42% of marketers say they are not able to link data to individual customers Tweet this
- 39% of marketers say their own company’s data is collected too infrequently or slowly Tweet this
- 36% of marketers who say they have “lots of consumer data” say they don’t know what to do with it Tweet this
- Only 1 in 3 companies is confident in its ability to make decisions based on new data Tweet this
- Almost 1/3 companies say their marketing departments have too little or no customer data Tweet this
- Only 35% of marketers collect social media feedback from prospects and customers Tweet this
- Only 19% of marketers collect customer mobile phone/device data Tweet this
- 68% of customers base marketing budgets on “historical spending” Tweet this
- 60% of marketers say “brand awareness” is the only metric they use to measure ROI Tweet this
- 57% of companies don’t base their marketing budgets based on ROI analysis Tweet this
- 28% of companies base marketing budgets on “gut instinct” Tweet this