How Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter Drive Social Commerce [Infographic]
Pinterest recently announced it's planning to test promoted Pins, starting with a select number of businesses -- for free -- soliciting user feedback before rolling it out full-on and full-price. Perhaps learning from backlash experienced by similar social sites' advertising initiatives, it promises ads will be tasteful, relevant and transparent. We'll keep our eyes open for what this looks like. Until then, this week's infographic examines how Facebook, Pinterest and Twitter drive social commerce.
Susbcribers, can't see image? View this post online
- Facebook drives 86% of social retail sales, Pinterest 11%, Twitter 3% Tweet this
- Visitors to ecommerce sites coming from Facebook view an average of 7 pgs / session vs. 4.1 Pinterest, 2.7 Twitter Tweet this
- Facebook traffic converts at 2.6% for ecommerce sites vs. 1.1% Twitter, 0.9% Pinterest Tweet this
- Ecommerce AOV from Pinterest referrals is $169 vs. $95 Facebook, $71 Twitter Tweet this
- Revenue/visitor averages $2.50 for Facebook traffic, $1.6 for Pinterest, $0.80 for Twitter Tweet this