- A great idea but far underused by top retailers is showing customers previews of emails when asking them to join your mailing list. This is so easy to do, and helps customers understand what to expect from you.For example, Urban Outfitters shows a link to examples right in the footer menu's call-to-action.
I like Shoeline's inclusion of reasons to sign up, and a privacy assurance:
Sign up for the Shoeline.com Email Club today and start enjoying the benefits of being a member! You'll receive email messages from us on:
- Special sales and promotions sent exclusively to our e-mail club members
- New styles and products - Find out how to get them before anyone else
- New brand introductions to the site
- Seasonal fashion previews, gift guides, and more!
See an example of a Shoeline.com email
Unfortunately, neither of the previews display a full-size email example.
It's really easy to show a preview, just link to an online version, like this. You should also consider linking to a mobile version for subscribers who anticipate they will read your emails on smart phones.