New month, new name for our monthly link roundup! Introducing the Ecommerce Link Digest (nee Blogger's Digest). If you're new, once a month we highlight posts from other blogs that are of value and interest to online retailers and Internet marketers.
- Perhaps the biggest piece of news for Internet marketers in October was Google's announcement that it would no longer provide organic search query data for logged-in Google Account users. While some believe this is a small portion of traffic, the growth of Google Plus and future services means a lot of good data simply will not be available anymore. Sigh. The Rimm-Kaufman Group blog explains the problem while proposing potential solutions.
- 7 ways to optimise for strong product pages delivers what it promises.
- Luke Wroblewski's October 17 installment of "Data Monday" rounds up some very cool mobile commerce statistics.
- Want to write better PPC ads? Try cat food for inspiration. A hilariously informative post.
- Phone rage: an aggressive or angry behavior by the user of a slow mobile site. Apparently this is a real phenomenon. "Among those who have experienced problems conducting mobile transactions, 23% have cursed at their phones; 11% have screamed at them; and 4% have thrown them."
- 10 Amazing Twitter Infographics, for your viewing/reading pleasure.
- How do you integrate Google Analytics with your mobile application? Good question, here's how.
- Name-that-tune app Shazam's move back to unlimited tagging for free spells more money, thanks to higher affiliate sales. The economics of free...
- Have you got a handle on multichannel funnels in Google Analytics? The Smart Insights blog has a good primer on it.
- If you're still jonesing for more good reads, check out the ambitious 50+ awesome posts on conversions.
Looking for help with ecommerce strategy and optimization? Contact the Elastic Path consulting team at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn how our conversion optimization services can improve your business results.