Ecommerce Links You May Have Missed: January 2014
2014's off to an amazing start with no shortage of great content to link to. Enjoy these curated articles, we'll be back on Friday.
- Forbes this week covers examples of companies using social platforms to streamline business, including how we do it here at Elastic Path.
- If you missed our Google Hangout with Robert Scoble and Shel Israel, authors of the Age of Context, check it out here.
- Talk about Age of Context on steroids -- Amazon's filed a patent to ship product before the customer orders it. No, this is no PR stunt! Check out the article in the Wall Street Journal.
- What's slowing down your ecommerce site? KISSmetrics offers 15 reasons why your site's slow, including 2 that relate to your CMS.
- Think you're off the hook for writing a killer value proposition because you're in a saturated market? Now you have no excuse, thanks to How to come up with a value proposition when what you sell isn't unique.
- Can you have too much of a good thing when it comes to positive reviews? Does how you present reviews impact conversion? Answer Yes and Yes, and head over to Unbounce for the reasons why.
- What are the pros and cons of on-premise WCM (web content management)? Adobe outlines 5 on each side.
- Form fill optimization (FFO?) is one of conversion testing's unsung heroes. SiteTuners offers 4 tips for better form completion.
- Did you know you can now target promoted Tweets to email addresses you hold in your CRM database? Cool beans.
- It's time to kiss 8 design elements whose time has come good-bye.
- Finally, here's 50 fascinating stats about mobile commerce. Enjoy!