Ecommerce Digest: August 2015
As we near the end of summer and rapidly transition into the holiday season, enjoy our choice cuts of ecommerce goodness from the month of August.
- There's a lot of talk about the "store of the future" - omnichannel Nirvana, where technology meets the in-store experience. But how is this technically achieved? Our own Matt Dion shares the secret with Total Retail.
- Digital marketers moving from campaign driven approach to a more customer-centric one recognize their need for a single customer view, which requires integrating data and eliminating silos. Econsultancy outlines 6 things you need to know about achieving SCV.
- Emarketer reports 64% of ecommerce buyers begin their online shopping journey in a marketplace such as eBay, Amazon or Etsy vs 48% that begin with their favorite retailer. This holiday, consider the impact of not leveraging at least one marketplace to attract new customers.
- Smart Insights shares a micro-moment action plan for mobile shoppers.
- Over half of your site elements aren't working. Which half? ConversionXL suggests a solution through existence testing.
- How can you take advantage of dynamic content for site personalization without affecting your SEO? Econsultancy serves up some best practices for brands using dynamic content.
- Not all responsive design is about scaling down. How about scaling up for larger screens including IPTV? Baymard Institute has some great ideas for how to do upscale responsive ecommerce.
- KISSmetrics explains the 5 elements of adaptive content that you can use to deliver a personalized experience in the context of his or her device.
- If you enjoyed our email marketing series this month, check out Hubspot's tips for optimizing email for the top 10 most popular clients.
- Sometimes it's not your calls-to-action, copy or other design elements that are hindering your conversion rates, but the "paradox of choice." SiteTuners recommends simplifying choices for the brain to improve conversions.