In just a little over a year, the result has been a boost in average order size of almost $10 and an increase in conversion rate from 7% to 8% which CEO Ryan DeLuca describes as "huge."
“We are building something that is not just based on making money. Everything we add to our site is based on helping visitors reach their goals. Helping our visitors stick to their programs and reach their goals will ultimately lead to much higher revenue, a much more valuable brand based on emotional connections, and more profitability based on increased customer loyalty.”
- 20,000 pages of content by experts and consumers
- 800,000 members
- 120,000+ active members
- 28,800+ member blogs
- 34th largest online forum according to Big Boards
- Number 152 on the Internet Retailer Top 500 list last year
- $65 million in sales in 2006
- DeLuca predicts sales to grow to $90 million this year and $122 million next year
Know of any other retailers who have successfully created community with forums, blogs or something else? Drop a comment.