Bloggers Digest: September 2011
Bloggers Digest is our monthly ritual that highlight posts from other blogs that are of value and interest to online retailers and Internet marketers.
- Quite possibly my favorite. post. ever. When CTAs Attack - 10 Real World Call to Action Examples (That's CTA for call-to-action, I didn't misspell cat). Mix a bit of LOLcats meets FAIL Blog meets photo montage of downtown Vancouver - all in a conversion optimization context of course.
- Do you A/B or multivariate test? Read this. Why Website Test Results Don’t Always Add Up & What To Do About It.
- By now you've heard about Google Wallet, yeah? They have at least one customer...
- Google's been busy. 2 more announcements: Google Analytics Premium (its paid, enterprise edition) and real-time analytics feature to all GA accounts. (Oh, and Google+ business profiles are on the way.) So that's 3 announements. Plus the Wallet thing. At least 4. :)
- Is your brand name "plosive"? Did you know brands that begin with plosive letters like C, K, P, B and D are more memorable?
- The Million Dollar Question: What's the ROI of social media marketing? Rand from SEOmoz shares his tips for measurement including why and where social matters, which social metrics to track and some juicy tools for measurement.
- How about an infographic on Social Media ROI?
- Now onto mobile: is it time to stop using downloads as your measure of success? "Download numbers are no guide to how much money is being made." True.
- Mobile apps must die? Really? They just got here! Interesting notes from the Breaking Development conference session of the same name on the problem with mobile apps and how to move beyond.
- From the same conference: how to speed up your mobile site. Great tips!
Looking for help with ecommerce? Contact the Elastic Path consulting team at email@example.com to learn how our ecommerce strategy and conversion optimization services can improve your business results.