We preempted Blogger's Digest last month, but never fear - BD is back and better than ever (well, if slightly longer is better).
If you're new here, Blogger's Digest compiles useful topics that other ecommerce bloggers have covered recently that I think you would enjoy gleaning from.
- While we all whine about conversion rates sucking, remarketing can be an affective way to
stalkfollow up with customers who are willing to buy but have just plum forgot about you. This can be accomplished with trigger email or display advertising. Check out Mark Brownlow's Trigger email (r)evolution: 9 naive questions and Chris Soames' Google Adwords Remarketing: what is it and how to use it best?.
- Who can get enough tips for reducing cart abandonment? Amy Africa's series of 30 Proven Tips for Reducing Your Abandoned Carts are worth a read: Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 Part 5 to come...
- Ever encountered the "infinite scroll"? You know, when a page appends itself with more listings, photos, Tweets etc. when you reach the page (rather than using pagination). David Murton shares the perks and pitfalls of infinite scrolling from a usability perspective.
- If you're a Google Analytics user, you may still be scratching your head as to where to find a certain report in the new interface. Cardinal Path (no relation) has a handy cheat-sheet for locating reports in the new GA.
- Lunametrics has a solid guide to help you make the most out of multichannel funnels in Google Analytics.
- Ever been confused about how to manage and optimize your comparison
shopping campaigns? CPC Strategy offers a free ebook, How Conventional Wisdom Ruins Merchant Comparison Shopping Campaigns. Check it out.
- Here's some food for thought: is one page checkout really the holy grail of ecommerce conversions?
- Justin Palmer tells it like it is: 4 shocking truths about your ecommerce website, including "no one cares about your design."
- If you're as geeky as I am (geeky or nerdy?) you're very interested in tablet market share! Luke W has compiled some stats on the current state of the tablet market that may help you prioritize where your development efforts will be focused in the next 12 months.
- Meet +1: Google’s Answer To The Facebook Like Button is a comprehensive explanation of what it is and how it can help your SEO and social media marketing. (I think the real exciting part is the coming ability to add a +1 button to your web pages).
- Information Architecture, Faceted Navigation & Duplicate Content (Oh My!) tackles the SEO issues every ecommerce site must address - how filtered and faceted navigation affects your SEO (including duplicate content) and how to deal with it. Via SEOmoz.
- Graham Charlton of Econsultancy shares 25 essential mobile commerce tips covers the basics of what you need for a usable and useful mobile retail site.
- Even if you don't have a mobile site, you need to pay attention to mobile email. Dave Chaffey shares some tips on email design for mobile devices.