Bloggers Digest July 2010
Bloggers Digest is our monthly ritual that highlight posts from other blogs that are of value and interest to online retailers and Internet marketers.
- Treepodia shares the results of 2 A/B experiments with product video.
- Great news for PPC advertisers, Google Adwords has opened up Broad Match Modifiers to the US. The RKG Blog describes the benefits here.
- George Michie clears the air on Misinformation and Disinformation about paid search, myths that even the paid search vendors themselves are propogating!
- Speaking of myths, check out 16 Multichannel Marketing Myths. My favorite myth is "Multichannel customers are the best customers."
- SEOmoz' Rand Fishkin warns: Don't Fall Into the Trap of A/B Testing Minutiae with tips for testing the things that matter, not the things that provide minimal impact.
- In A/B Testing Gone Bad, Kevin Hillstrom shares which metric really matters - and it's not conversion rate.
- VKI Studios talks about the psychology of free with 2 very interesting social experiments.
- Big news for F-commerce, Amazon and Facebook have teamed up to provide even more product suggestions. Is this a reason to copy or not to copy Amazon?
- Do you know how to read a site performance waterfall chart? Web Performance Today teaches you how.
- David Dorf shares what the semantic web means for retail, with an example how Best Buy uses it.