If you’re new here, welcome! And thanks for subscribing to Get Elastic. Friday is Blogger Digest day where we highlight posts from other blogs that are of value and interest to online retailers and Internet marketers.
- The Rimm Kaufman Blog has a snappy 3-minute video that demystifies how to determine your optimal PPC bid range, where you neither overbid nor underbid.
- Melissa from Blue Acorn gives some great tips for retailers who sell personalized products (with screen shots!)
- When the Gulf Coast was threatened by Hurricane Gustav, Home Depot made use of its Twitter account, with helpful tips for evacuees and residents like "Hurricane Prep Tip: Trim loose/dead tree limbs, but don't leave them curbside unless pick up comes before." Fantastic, and very relevant. Via No Turn on Red.
- Despite the economic downturn, Amazon shows no signs of slowing down. Randy Smythe says: "If you look at the financial results of major online retailers from the 2nd Quarter, you will see that Amazon is the only marketplace that continues to accelerate, flying much higher and faster than ecommerce." For those of you who sell in Amazon, Ebay, Overstock or Buy.com marketplaces, Randy has some tips on how to leverage these sites during the Christmas season.
- If there was any confusion on the matter, Rand Fishkin sets the record straight why any reputable SEO will NOT promise you top rankings (and why that's OK).