Bloggers Digest - 8/1/08
If you're new here, welcome! And thanks for subscribing to Get Elastic. Friday is Blogger Digest day where we highlight posts from other blogs that are of value and interest to online retailers and Internet marketers.
- Judging by the response we get from our posts on web analytics, you'll enjoy GrokDotCom's Beyond the Dashboard: 5 Tips for Data Diving in Google Analytics.
- This was actually from last week, but it's still fresh information: Avinash Kaushik's for-dummies guide to tracking cookies.
- According to Nielsen Research, 49% of consumers plan on spending less due to the economic squeeze. Need tips on how to create urgency in a bad economy?.
- Future Now also has a free white paper on how to market in a recession.
- Sitebrand's Carolyn Gardner reminds us that you can't focus on driving traffic through email and search and neglect customer retention. Keep the sales funnel top of mind!
- Stop selling products! Tips for communicating benefits, not just features, from Robyn at Blue Acorn.
- Should you use the word "voucher" or "coupon" on your checkout page? Does it encourage shoppers to go looking for your coupons on the web? How can you minimize this behavior and keep the coupon code field? Find out on the Rimm-Kaufman Blog.
- How do you re-engage email subscribers? Bronto has some tips, using Shop.org as an example.
- Exciting Commerce has a nice writeup on Vente-Privée (Private Sale) clubs like RueLaLa.com that are gaining popularity in the US (though popular for a while in Europe). These member-only clubs serve as online sample sales for designers and high end brands, combining the excitement of deep discounts and the urgency of a limited quantity of items available.