Bloggers Digest 6/27/08
- The lovely Jennifer Osborne from Search Engine People explains how to plan a website transition with search engines consequences in mind.
- One of my favorite blogs just underwent its own transition from Retailemail.blogspot.com to RetailEmailBlog.com. This blog points out the best of breed (and sometimes worst) email campaigns of top retailers and is worth the subscribe. Here's an example: HP is using animation in its email which is really innovative and slick:
- Do you blog with Wordpress? Find out how to squash duplicate content on Wordpress blogs.
- Does "free shipping" attract more females than males? Interesting article from GrokDotCom's Holly Buchanan.
- Hmm, Robert Gorell either read my mind or peeked at my blog drafts. His post on how product images are so critical to conversion optimization should whet your appetite for next week's series on product images here at Get Elastic. The article includes a video with conversion guru Bryan Eisenberg and Web marketing legend Ralph Wilson, plus links to related posts on GrokDotCom about product images.
- Great link bait idea from SEOmoz: Exploring how Google collects user data. It's not really ecommerce related but quite remarkable and of interest to anyone who uses Google to search, send mail, advertise, watch videos etc. etc.