Bloggers Digest - 5/9/08
- Justin Palmer captures 3 innovative approaches to site navigation: solution-based, filter-based and image-based.
- James Bunzol shows an example of how Amazon's Lightning Deals create urgency. I'm surprised we don't see other retailers experimenting with this type of entertainment shopping.
- Aaron Wall goes into painstaking detail on SEO with What is a #1 Google Ranking Worth? This article actually has 9 sections, here's a preview of what he covered:
* An Example of Applying This Data to a Live Business Scenario
* Google Rankings Can Make or Break a Business
* Appreciating Google's Market Domination
* Establish a Baseline Keyword Value
* Typical Click Distribution Profiles
* Factors Modifying Click Distribution
* Tapping the Keyword Tail
* Improving Monetization via Scale
* Improve Your SEO Strategy Today
Grab a coffee and a notepad for this one.
- For you legal-eagles or controversy buffs (or PR folks, reputation managers and marketers) Jeremiah Owyang has an interesting commentary on the current brouhaha over a socially-conscious t-shirt designer and Louis Vuitton handbags.
26 year old Nadia Plesner faces legal action by Louis Vuitton for using their product's likeness in an anti-genocide awareness campaign. The image reflects Plesner's concern that Paris Hilton's accessories are more newsworthy than the suffering of our fellow man in Darfur. Since Louis Vuitton doesn't really have anything to do with the situation, it feels this "brand-jacking" must be countered.
Owyang outlines four options LV has in dealing with this problem, and has solicited his Twitter followers to weigh in with their opinions. Interesting stuff.
- Are you puzzled on how to convince upper level management to pay attention to social media marketing? Not sure how to approach it? Jeremiah Owyang has a nice roundup of his own tips in How Do I Talk To My Executives About Social Media?
- Forgive my Jeremiah Owyang fangirl-ness this week, but this is also interesting: A roundup of brands that got "punked" by social media.
- All you design-types will appreciate this gallery of Mother's Day home pages courtesy of Ed Henrich. Oh, and if you haven't gotten a gift for Mom yet, you might check out these sites for some ideas.