Bloggers Digest - 5/30/08
Another week, another whack of great content. Our apologies for the blog-hack that happened Wednesday that prevented us from posting yesterday (thanks for all the emails, flowers, candy and cash that poured in from concerned readers, no I wasn't hospitalized for carpal tunnel syndrome). We're back in action today and totally making up for it with at least 4 posts, which I believe is a Get Elastic record!
If you still have eyeball juice after reading our posts, please visit my favorite links of the week. Or at least check 'em out before Monday.
- Jack Aaronson writes about the virtues of geo-IP targeting (or just geotargeting) over at Clickz, using Sitebrand client BedBathStore.com as an example. Check out Sitebrand's blog for some color commentary on how the geotargeting campaign is performing.
- Ever wonder how deleting product pages affects your SEO? Scott Allen has a great explanation plus solutions in E-Commerce SEO: How to Handle Deleted Products.
- The Bronto Blog has a neat video podcast called Brontofire. This week's episode looks at 4 top online retailers' email signup landing pages: Apple, Zappos, Best Buy and Overstock. 3 were losers and 1 was a winner, I'll let you take a guess at which one was the star before checking out the link. There are also 5 tips on how to improve email signup. I'll spoil the last tip: it's sending welcome emails.
- Bryan Eisenberg reminds us to use product reviews to write better product descriptions, with an illustration of how effective this can be.
- Evan Schuman from Storefront Backtalk gives his impressions of the new Borders.com site, iincluding its innovative bookshelf browsing approach.
Like what you’re reading?
Check out some of our other great content here