If you’re new here, welcome! And thanks for subscribing to Get Elastic. Friday is Blogger Digest day where we highlight posts from other blogs that are of value and interest to online retailers and Internet marketers.
- Attention all PPC managers, call your Adwords Reps ASAP and try to get in on the plus box beta -- you could have image thumbnails appearing in your paid search ads.
- Now more than ever, cost controls are crucial to e-tail profitability, whether you're drop-shipping or holding inventory. Check out Maxim Mironov's discussing best practices for pricing.
- Apparently Bryan Eisenberg and I have company in the Amazon Screenshotaholics Anonymous club. Ann Smarty analyzes the evolution of Amazon's navigation menu. Many good takeaways here.
- Think your site might suffer from duplicate content issues? Good news, the search engines will now support a canonical URL tag which will prevent indexing of URL copies like affiliate links, tracking parameters and session IDs. Yahoo!
- Bryan Eisenberg shares 3 retailer examples of how they're using personas in their personalization strategies: The Power of Persona-lization.
- A timely post on the heels of the NBA All-Star weekend, Justin Palmer asks Is your online customer service strategy defensive or offensive?
- Anna Jacobson recap's a landing page optimization analysis for OnlineShoes.com by Marketing Experiments' Senior Analyst Boris Kot, complete with ideas for testing.