Bloggers Digest 1/9/09
If you’re new here, welcome! And thanks for subscribing to Get Elastic. Friday is Blogger Digest day where we highlight posts from other blogs that are of value and interest to online retailers and Internet marketers.
- Pinny Cohen provides a useful calculator (Excel) that helps you compute a lesser-used but useful metric: Percentage Of Products Sold At Least Once. Or POPSALO?
- If your New Year Resolution is to understand your web analytics -- but you're still overwhelmed by all the data and potential metrics -- Google Analytics' Chief Evangelist Avinash Kaushik gives you 9 of the most potent metrics and reports for 2009. This is a timely article because it includes recently added features like Advanced Segmentation and even a tip on how to get more insight into your organic SEO performance through Google Webmaster Tools.
- You may remember we shared a hack a while back on how to expose the keywords that triggered clicks in your Adwords Broad Match campaigns. The Yoast Blog has another killer Analytics Filter tutorial that will show which search positions your organic keyword referrals came from. Lovely. (Via Marketing Pilgrim)
- Thinking of launching an ecommerce store? Looking for a shopping cart is not the first step. Sally McKenzie offers 10 signs you may be putting the shopping cart before the horse.
- Invesp Consulting shares 7 tips for building trust with security, reliability and privacy elements on your site
and follows up with how one Invesp client reduced cart abandonment by 30% (hint: it's related to trust).