Bloggers Digest 11/07/08
If you’re new here, welcome! And thanks for subscribing to Get Elastic. Friday is Blogger Digest day where we highlight posts from other blogs that are of value and interest to online retailers and Internet marketers.
- Ed Henrich has teamed up with the e-tailing group to track the top 100 retail sites' shipping promotion trends (graphically displayed in pie chart form). Go check out the stats which will be updated each week (great incentive to subscribe to Ed's blog, is it not?)
- If you're running more than one analytics tool, you need to read Avinash Kaushik's tips for reconciling the data discrepancies because let's face it, you've got 'em.
- While we're talking analytics, do you know how to track email campaigns with Google Analytics?
- Are your retail emails best-in-show? The Email Experience Council is now accepting entries for its annual People’s Choice Award: Best in Email.
- How do you determine the optimal "cookie window" for your ad campaigns? In other words, how long after someone clicks on an ad should that ad be credited for driving a sale? Alan Rimm-Kaufman explains 3 approaches to tackling this question.
- Kevin Hillstrom introduces the concept of the Net Google Score (think Net Promoter Score that takes the sales generated from SEO and PPC, and subtracts the sales Google ends up taking from you) -- a performance metric for how well you're working Google.
- Speaking of working Google, how do you manage your PPC spending in a bummer economy? Alan Rimm-Kaufman shares words of wisdom.
Like what you’re reading?
Check out some of our other great content here