If you’re new here, welcome! And thanks for subscribing to Get Elastic. Friday is Blogger Digest day where we highlight posts from other blogs that are of value and interest to online retailers and Internet marketers.
Notice anything different about our blog today? Hmmm? (Email and RSS subscribers, maybe you want to visit this post on the blog today).
Here's a hint, check out the bottom right hand corner. We've added a feedback mechanism so you can let us know what you think of the blog - what topics you like, don't like, how's our design?, are my posts too long? etc. We're not fishing for compliments here, we take constructive criticism and we really want to know what you want to see on Get Elastic. Power to the people!
On with the links...
- Mark Brownlow from Email Marketing Reports kicked off a 4 part series this week on holiday email best practices with tips from Chad White, Luc Vezina, DJ Waldow and yours truly: Holiday Email 1: Getting Ready and Role Models.
- Ann from World of Usability (winner of our ecommerce conference contest pass to last week's Online Market World) re-capped Zappos CEO Tony Hsieh's keynote which includes interesting history of Tony's business ventures to customer service and company culture.
- Amazon was awarded a patent on rewarding helpful customer reviewers with badges who post particularly helpful reviews. Before you panic, the patent specifically covers a formula for determining which reviews were most helpful without relying on "was this review helpful" feedback from other users. If you're schooled in legalese, check out the full text of the patent.
- When the economy gets tough, email marketers start sending holiday emails waaaay early - a week and a half earlier than last year's trends, according to RetailEmail.com. Marketers are also sending MORE emails - the question is whether customers want to receive holiday email this early or this frequently (it's probably the last thing cash-strapped customers want to be reminded of...)
- How about PPC strategies amidst a financial crisis? Alan Rimm-Kaufman has some advice.
- Don't forget Future Now's free whitepaper Grabbing Market Share: Marketing in a Recession.
Your Website and First Time Visitors: Friend or Foe?
Thursday, October 30 @ 11-11:30am PST, 2-2:30pm EST
60-80% of your visitors are first-time visitors, learn key steps to convert first time visitors.
(Presented by Sitebrand and Bryan Eisenberg) Register here