The State of Beacons in Retail 2014 [Infographic]
Elastic Path is at Shop.org this week! Come check us out at Booth 739 and ask us about iBeacons, contextual commerce, shopping APIs or any other question about our ecommerce solutions. We're also giving away a sweet pair of Bose headphones, so please say hi!
Speaking of beacons, what's the deal with them in retail? This week's infographic examines the current adoption of beacons in-store, and their future outlook. Hat tip to Beaconstac for putting this together.
- By the end of 2014, there will be 30,000 active beacons Tweet this
- 60 million iBeacon units will be shipped by 2019 Tweet this
- 50% of the top 100 retailers are testing iBeacons this year Tweet this
- Less than 3% of retailers are equipped to identify customers that enter a store Tweet this
- 72% of retailers plan to employ beacons to identify customers in-store by 2019 Tweet this
- Retailers will have 3.5 million active beacons by the end of 2018 Tweet this
- Only 5% of customers have a relevant retailer's shopping app on their phone Tweet this
- Retail app users are 6.4x more likely to keep the app if they use iBeacon notifications Tweet this
- In-store app use is 16.5x higher for users who have received a beacon message Tweet this
- By 2017, approx 50% of retail transactions will be completed via mobile devices Tweet this
- Over 40% of shoppers look for offers on their mobile devices when they're in-store Tweet this