Press Releases | June 13, 2013
Elastic Path Reveals That Fewer Than 25 Percent of Companies Consistently Succeed At Digital Customer Experience
Survey from independent research firm finds that most companies struggle with technology and organizational challenges
Vancouver, B.C. (June 11, 2013)
– In a survey released today, 69 percent of technology decision-makers say that a unified digital customer experience is vital to business growth, but fewer than 25 percent believe that their companies are always successful at creating mobile applications or delivering a consistent digital presence.
These are among the findings of a commissioned survey targeting technology leaders, conducted by Forrester Consulting on behalf of Elastic Path. “Many business leaders and IT professionals instinctively feel that their firms are not firing on all cylinders when it comes to digital commerce experiences – especially new ones like social and mobile,” said Sal Visca, Chief Technology Officer at Elastic Path. “But for the first time, we asked them tough, quantitative questions to get at the root of their challenges.”
Forrester Consulting tapped the insight of technology leaders from companies of all sizes, across industries ranging from retail to consumer electronics, software, telecommunications, media, and entertainment. The research found that as respondents build digital experiences such as mobile commerce applications:
- Eighty-six percent lean heavily on their IT departments;
- Forty-two percent lack the skilled people they need;
- More than a third are unhappy with their existing technology platforms;
- Only 16 percent are satisfied with their time to market;
- Only 22 percent are confident that they receive more in business value than they spend on development.
Yet the report also provides a glimmer of hope amid the results.
“When we isolate data from companies pursuing advanced, API-centric technology strategies, we see a remarkable turnaround,” noted Visca. “These companies are almost twice as likely as their competitors to provide a unified customer experience, and they’re more than three times better at delivering mobile apps.”
To find out more, and obtain a copy of the report, “Unified APIs Lead To Success In Digital Customer Experience”, please visit: www.elasticpath.com/forrester-report-digital-experiences
About Elastic Path
Elastic Path builds ecommerce software that powers the next generation of digital experience. We help businesses maximize revenue from their goods, services, and content with solutions that empower companies to create outstanding customer experiences that drive engagement and conversion. Elastic Path technology brings this functionality to multiple touchpoints – websites, apps, APIs, and more – while generating a single view of the customer. Market leaders, including Google, Pearson, Symantec, Time, Virgin, and Western Union, use Elastic Path to drive billions of dollars in digital commerce annually.