Students and Graduates
Providing valuable work experience
We are big supporters of hiring co-op students and recent graduates for a wide range of positions. We value the energy and fresh perspective of students. During your co-op you will get hands-on experience working on ecommerce projects for some of the world’s biggest brands. We help ensure your co-op term is successful and provide you with training and many opportunities to learn.
We are looking for third and fourth year students who have a passion for technology and ecommerce, and possess a strong desire to succeed. We typically recruit from students in computer science, engineering, commerce, sciences and business administration. Interested students are encouraged to apply to Elastic Path through their university. Many co-op students have loved their experience with Elastic Path so much that they joined as full-time employees after the completion of their internship.
We offer internships for new graduates and also consider new graduates for all of our co-op positions, depending on requirements. Please check out our career opportunities.
- As a new grad I found out pretty quickly that working at Elastic Path is pretty much a dream job for anyone who enjoys a fast-paced, fun-loving, career-driven culture."- Talent Coordinator
- Looking for a job as a co-op, I was searching for an opportunity to continually learn and gain valuable experience as a developer. What I wasn't expecting, however, was that over two years later that I would still be learning (albeit as a full-time employee now)!"- Software Engineer
- The primary reasons why I selected Elastic Path were the people and agile. The people that I am working with are some of the nicest, most intelligent, helpful, and funniest individuals that I have met. I definitely recommend Elastic Path if you are looking for an unforgettable co-op experience."- Software Engineer
- Since listing the GOOD things will take me awhile, I'll list all the BAD things about working here. If you DON'T want to learn a lot from work, if you DON'T enjoy relaxing at the end of a long week with a glass of beer, and if you DON'T want a lot of flexibility from your work, then working at Elastic Path is not for you."- Software Engineer
- Some cool things that I got to do included writing scripts to automate the testing, tinkering with build servers, and getting hands-on experience with building software. I have learned a tremendous amount from my co-workers."- Software Engineer
- As a QA co-op, I learned the different tests involved in the software development process. While being a quality assurance analyst at Elastic Path, there has always been something new to learn and look forward to every day, not to mention the exciting projects I get involved with that come up."- QA Analyst
- My co-op work term at Elastic Path has been the ideal eye-opener to the workings of a fast-growing technology company. Co-ops are given tremendous respect at Elastic Path and have the opportunity to work directly with the executive team. My experience at Elastic Path has been challenging, rewarding, and an incredible learning experience."- Sales and Marketing Coordinator
- Managers really understand that the co-op program is a partnership and that, as students, we have a unique viewpoint to offer. On a day-to-day basis, I wasn’t just assigned work; it was always an open discussion on what my interests were in HR and how I could build up my skills by taking on related projects. The staff outings, events, and Rock Band sessions were just the icing on the cake."- Talent Coordinator
Typical co-op opportunities
We hire co-ops for all departments, but our typical postings are below.
As a co-op student working within the Professional Services and Innovations team, you will be involved in designing, developing, and delivering new features and enhancements to the Elastic Path ecommerce platform. You will participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle, including planning, technical design, construction, peer reviews, documentation, testing, and deployment. You will be making heavy use of the latest and greatest technologies, including Java/J2EE, Spring, Weblogic and many more, while following an Agile approach to software development.
Quality Assurance Analyst
Working within the Professional Services and Innovations team as a co-op student, you will be involved in test strategies, risk assessment, planning, design, and the execution of automated and manual test cases. Our test professionals are peers to our developers. Working closely with product management and development, you will drive the completion of the feature set being tested and determine the critical elements in application stability and functionality. Again, you will be applying innovative technologies, including Java/J2EE, AJAX, ANT/Maven, and many more.
Co-op opportunities with us
Our current partner universities are University of British Columbia (UBC), Simon Fraser University (SFU), and University of Victoria (UVic). Please contact your school to find out if there are any current co-op opportunities available at Elastic Path. If your school is not listed, you can apply via our career center . Please include your most recent transcript with your application.